suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

burzumaske20

Solid State Member
Hey how is everyone?I just recently joined and have a new computer built so I can play the newer games at least.I am starting to play crysis,and the card I have which is the 8800gts ko 320mb,even though I overclocked it to 670mhz for core clock,1649mhz shader clock,and the memory clock is 940mhz.It runs well on high settings but I notice some parts of it lagging a tiny bit,since I read somewhere if running vista you need at least 3gigs of memory to run crysis smooth,is that true from what other people have said about needing at least 3 gigs to run crysis with vista?Right now I currently have 2gig 1 stick of transcend pc6400.I know some might say why not get a different card,but for 90 dollars for a budget card it does kick *** in my opinion and has a better fan for overclocking.

like I was saying in my posting,I can run crysis on high settings but it lags a tiny bit in certain parts.Now I can see why most people will say if running vista with crysis it is required to at least have 3gigs of memory when I did a little more research last night.Also this card I have isn't a terrible card at all.Reason I am thinking it is a good card is because I came from a agp card ati x850pro 256mb lol.

Well it could be your card but I have a 7600GT right now and I play it on Med and I have no lag. I'm running on 2GB of ram on a Vista 32bit OS. I do have a 1GB flash drive running ready boost but that doesn't matter much. Try searching of the web "Speed up Vista" or something to that effect and find what services you can disable that take up RAM resources. I had tables PC stuff running on my desktop...crazy. I also disables a bunch of programs ruining in the background. Turn off the transparency of the windows and disable the sidebar if your not using it. Find a non-aero mouse theme and you should free up some RAM. I was using almost 50% of my ram a startup but now I am only using about 35% at startup.... it all makes a huge difference. Also a 32bit OS can only handle 3 to 3.5 GB of ram effectively. Go to Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com to find out how much RAM you can get for your OS and motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom