Intel D865PERLL or PERL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrichte2

Solid State Member
ok I'm trying to decide on what hardware to use on my first computer build. I went onto Newegg and read a few reviews and thought that the D865PERLL would be pretty good for me (relatively cheap and simple). They also have a D865PERL that is $30 cheaper. The only thing that I noticed different is that the PERLL had firewire ports. Are these boards basically the same? I'm just worried because intel only has a web tech manual for the PERL and the reviews weren't great for the PERL.

If you have any opinion on either of these let me know. I don't want to have to rely on the newegg reviews.

Thanks

JR

i dont like using intel boards for systems i build with intel cpus . . . i like gigabyte, asus, and abit . . .

Hi, I have been building systems with Intel boards for sometime now and believe them to be reliable and run forever. I also have used other boards at times. I suggest you look at the Intel D865GLC-L, it has LAN support among others. Go to the intel site and search for the D865GLC-L board and you can read the specs on it. The board you are interested in is also a good board check on the intel site for specs.
Some folks are interested in boards for various reasons like gaming or over clocking and Intel may not fit their needs for that area.
Good luck on your search.
Intel Site is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom