AMD/ATi Catalyst 8.9 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD/ATi Catalyst 8.9 Drivers

All you Radeon owners out there should head on over to AMD's website and grab the latest Catalyst 8.9 drivers for Windows XP (32bit / 64bit) and Windows Vista (32bit / 64bit). Highlights of this release include overdrive support for QUAD CrossFireX configurations and a new 1080p @ 50Hz display mode. Hit the link for more information.

This release of Catalystâ„¢ introduces Overdrive support for QUAD CrossFireX configurations. Users can now over-clock each graphics accelerator's engine or memory speed when running in QUAD CrossFire configurations using manual controls or the automated auto-tuning utility. This release of Catalystâ„¢ introduces 1080p @ 50Hz custom mode support for HDTVs for the ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series, and ATI Radeon X1000 Series of products. Users can configure their own custom 1080p @ 50Hz modes to best fit their display.

Oh good, new drivers. The 8.8's are causing me headaches. Supposedly the 8.9 betas actually work with no issues.

hey, Vern... did you uninstall the old graphics drivers before you installed the new?

Something is just screwed there. Can you test the card in a friend's computer, make sure that it isn't the problem? It still has most of a year of warranty left.

meh this still hasn't stopped my computer locking up in games, even windows says it's a graphics driver issue which is causing it to freeze. Using the drivers originally from the CD causes this, so do these, although for some reason even though i download 8.9 drivers it says it's running version 8.530.0.0 which was made on 20/08/2008, why doesn't it say 8.9?

Grr i want to play games without the random freezing...

ok you know driver cleaner pro, how long does it take generally? I've selected it to clean ATI and ATI CCC, i followed the instructions on the help file, i deleted ATI CCC from control panel and used control panel to uninstall drivers, now i am using this to clean whats left i guess.

It's deleted like 4 things and 4 registry things but still says "cleaning please wait!, its been like that for 30mins now with no more filed deleted or anything, is it finished but hasn't said so? Shall i just close it and try installed the 8.9 again?

Also does anyone know were to download drivers that are stable with vista 64-bit, the drivers that come with the card make my games freeze..

I'm sure it's a driver issue though, widows says on its crash reports it is and i increased the fan speed to 50% so it idles at 39c which is much cooler then it was before but it still freezes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom