9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thing about opinions everyones got one but yeah ya right it is hard to compare as its dependant on what games you play. Its funny you know I read so many threads where people are bickering over who's card beats who's.Not applicable in this thread but it does tickle me.Reason why I said this is because it made me laugh when the guy in that list you posted said don't come complaining to me that this card beats that card,he just knew that would happen!lol

God that was one run on thought. In my mind I pictured a little kid talking as fast as he could.

The 4850 is faster then the 9800gtx+, but it matters not. if you really want to then send it back and grab the gtx260. But unless you are playing at high resolutions it really doesn't matter.

On another note, this recent influx of fanboys bothers me. We have a lot of people arguing for the Nvidia cards right now for odd reasons. Get over it already! Why is everyone so company loyal?

I use whats best for me, i could care less if another card is faster in games, the cards i choose are better for what i want them for.

We weren't referring to you Rican. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it troubles me when there are recommendations given on personal fancy rather than hard facts.

You get a Kudo's for that ZMatt...

So I think I should put the GTX 260 Core 216 in the list... so I think it goes above the HD 4870... While they are exactly the same in performance since G comes before H I'll try my best to put it on there... (that's what we did for the HD 3870 and 9600GT)

... renumbering these is going to be a pain haha

I was under the impression the new gtx260 wasn't a huge performance boost over the old one. But I could be mistaken. The anandtech review is pretty inconclusive and there is that translated one floating around. IMO it doesn't change much, the 4870 looks like a good card still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom