TPower Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
I just bought a TPower I45, using it with e8400, 2x1gb crucial ballistix, 8800gts 312, corsair 520hx. anywho, for some reason it wont POST, no display comes on my monitor, all the fans are spinning, just nothing on the screen. any ideas?

Its the ram voltages. I had the same issue. the Biostar defaults to 1.8v on the DDR2, performance ram operates at about 2 or 2.1v. take one of the sticks out and boot into BIOS and increase the ram voltage. under the menu labeled O.N.E there will be a voltages option towards the bottom, from there you can change all your voltages. Just increase the ram voltage by .2 or something. It took me forever to figure that out.

Its the ram voltages. I had the same issue. the Biostar defaults to 1.8v on the DDR2, performance ram operates at about 2 or 2.1v. take one of the sticks out and boot into BIOS and increase the ram voltage. under the menu labeled O.N.E there will be a voltages option towards the bottom, from there you can change all your voltages. Just increase the ram voltage by .2 or something. It took me forever to figure that out.

Sounds good, quick question though, why would it POST with one stick of ram but not with 2 if theyre both at 2.2v?

It can't power the ram without serious errors. The mobo will protect itself and not boot.

Of course this is assuming that this is the problem, there are many things that can keep you from posting.

It can't power the ram without serious errors. The mobo will protect itself and not boot.

Of course this is assuming that this is the problem, there are many things that can keep you from posting.

What else could i try? I'm 100% certain that my cpu, gpu, psu all function perfectly...any other ideas if this doesnt work?

How are you 100% certain your GPU is ok? You said no video, but everything else powers up.

It's not uncommon for video cards to be DOA. I would try swapping a different card in to see if it works. If it does work, then your GPU is probably to blame.

Try plugging your monitor into the other video card port. It sounds frivolous but you will be surprised how often it works.

Could be anything making it not post.

Just had to take back a board today that was doing the same thing,Everything would power up no problem but the stupid thing wouldn't post.

Tried swapping everything out a couple times and nuttin.

The guy at the store couldn't figure it out either so he just gave me a new board and its up and running now with no problems :D

How are you 100% certain your GPU is ok? You said no video, but everything else powers up.

It's not uncommon for video cards to be DOA. I would try swapping a different card in to see if it works. If it does work, then your GPU is probably to blame.

Try plugging your monitor into the other video card port. It sounds frivolous but you will be surprised how often it works.

Tried plugging it in the other port, no dice. Also, with my other mobo in, everything works fine, video works out of both ports, etc...any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom