Has anyone here used MSI Gaming Notebooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at a portobility factor, I am looking at back at the 15" Version of the above notebook.

MSI GX620 Gaming Notebook
MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.
PROC : Intel Penryn 45nm socket P mobile processor 2.4 GHz
CHIPSET: Intel GM45 + ICH9-M
MEM : 4 GB (2x2GB)DDR2 667/800MHz, Total Mem Slot: 2 x SO-DIMM slots
STORAGE: 320GB Serial ATA HDD
OPTICAL DRIVE: Super Multi DVD Burner
DISPLAY: 15.4-inch WSXGA (1440 x 900)
WEB CAM: Built-in CMOS Camera 2.0 Mega Pixels
COMMS : Built-in Gigabit LAN + 56K Modem, Wireless LAN
Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 EDR
CARD READER: Card Reader SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro 4-in-1 Card Reader
I/O PORTS: 1 x Express Card; 1 x 15 pin D-Sub
1 x HDMI; 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x MIC-in, 1 x Headphone out
1 x RJ11, 1 x RJ45
GRAPHICS : NVIDIA Geforce 9600M-GT
AUDIO : Realtek ALC888
DIM : 374 (L) x 246 (W) x 26.8-35.5 (H) mm
WEIGHT : 2.54 Kg
SECURITY : Built-in Biometric Fingerprint Sensor
MOUSE : Gaming Mouse
ALL PROFESSIONAL AND GAMING SERIES NOTEBOOK: 2 YEARS INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY

I would still like to keep my targus backpack. Although I think it might just be able to squeeze in a 17". I am going to think about this over the week end.

I have decided that I will be going to for MSI GX620 Gaming Notebook. Because I am picking this one via work, it works out that i am only paying about $1800 as there is a special offer going on with a 19" Monitor via my suppliers.

I have a friend that is interested in my old Toshiba Notebook. So that should cover another $400. After that, I might see if I can find some one that take my current Torrent Box infrastructure.

I just found it funny that no one tried to help you there but here you get top quality help.

I just found it funny that no one tried to help you there but here you get top quality help.

Yeah. Pretty much. It's TF, ToV and OCAU that i seem to visit the most.

Ironic thing is that I am in the process of touching up my resume for MSI. They are hiring techs.

Seems like a good choice.

In regards to that HP, there doesn't seem to be much info about it on the HP site, is it a discontinued model or something?
I'm probably going to get the DV5-1007TX, which is similar, for about $1600-1700.

Are 17" laptops too big you reckon? I like a larger monitor, but I don't want it to be annoying to carry around. I suppose I can't have my cake and...yeah you know the drift.

Are 17" laptops too big you reckon? I like a larger monitor, but I don't want it to be annoying to carry around. I suppose I can't have my cake and...yeah you know the drift.

If I need a bigger screen, I will just plug it into an enternal display.
I will be needing to carry this thing around, hence the telstra mobile internet.
I am also picking up one of these guys before the end of the week
iXoft
And they only make them to suit 15" notebooks.

Seems like a good choice.

In regards to that HP, there doesn't seem to be much info about it on the HP site, is it a discontinued model or something?
I'm probably going to get the DV5-1007TX, which is similar, for about $1600-1700.

I can show you a cheaper and better laptop with 17" screen.

I can show you a cheaper and better laptop with 17" screen.

Not really interested in 17" Display. I will be needing to take this notebook out with me on site. 17" in my eyes is not a notebook, but a desktop replacement.
And then we have the ones that are 18" and 19"

Anyways, the MSI has been ordered just then. I will be expecting the unit to arrive some time tomorrow.

Good stuff. I think I might stick with a 15" as well. Your right, you can always plug it into a monitor if you want a larger screen.

I might look at getting one of those coolers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom