Overclocking e7300, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I get like 4 1GB sticks or just 2 1GB sticks?

If I only get 2GB how will that effect my preference compared to 4GB?

Generally it's easier to overclock with 2 sticks of memory vs 4 since it puts less strain on the northbridge so if you want 4gb of ram I would get 2x2gb.

Yes. Cheap ram wrecks havok on your OC potential. I made that mistake on my last build. Cutting corners is a bad idea. If price isnt a big problem for you then there is no reason to not buy quality parts. Not the most expensive part (they are never the best anyways) but quality parts.

I would have gotten the OCZ reapers but I saw the G-Skill RAM on the reccomended parts list so I got those. But price is a big thing for me because I am just a junior in high school so I don't have all that much money but I will RMA the stuff I have now and get the OCZ reapers.

Anyways I will have to wait to get this thing to OC because I have no DDR2 RAM around. I will be shipping the RAM out on Tuesday.

I can't figure out how to turn speed step off, I turend off C1E, EIST and couldn't find anything that said anything about speed step in the BIOS, any other Ideas?

Ok I disabled speed step... It was under the overclocking menu called Intel SpeedStep. *Hits self in head*

Anways not it is time to do some overclocking!

Yes, I got it Monday that's why I was using the stock cooler. I orderd the wrong one when I got it :(

Anyways I was told the RAM I have will OC fine up to 4.0GHz, I'm getting all kinds of mixed oppinions on the RAM I have, its good, its okay, and its not going to get me far. How far would I be able to get the the OCZ reaper?

hard to say. A lot of companies are changing how they make their ram to cut costs, so what was once considered good is no longer recommended. if it is quality ram then you will OC fine. I really only think that it starts to matter when you go for really aggressive overclocks.

Basically now it is decision time. If I keep my system @ 3.0GHz is it worth it to buy new RAM? or should I just keep what I have. I think I am going to have a small overclock around 3.0GHz. If I stay around there is it worth it to have the better RAM, and if it is what kind of preference gain will I get in games? If it is not much then I'm just not going to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom