Hard Drive & Floppy Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaarenoc

Baseband Member
Hello,

When I got this computer it would boot up normally but it was infected With XP Antivirus 2008, which disabled many control panel, start menu Functions. This system is WinXP Pro.

I put a start-up disk in the floppy but it wouldn't boot. I did manage to Boot from the XP install disk and run the repair function, but it didn't Help. I checked BIOS settings and made sure the floppy was the first boot device, it still wouldn't boot from the floppy so I replaced it. Didn't help so I replaced the floppy cable, still no help.

I removed power from the hard drive hoping to be able to boot from the Floppy, but it still didn't work. I plugged the hard drive back in and tried To reboot normally but it couldn't find the hard drive… replaced the ide Cable, that didn't work either. Checking the BIOS the hard drive wasn't
Listed in the boot devices. I reset the bios but that didn't help either.

I checked the power supply and all voltages were present except the +3.3 Volts for the P-4 connector.

Any idea what could have caused this or a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Doug

This is a very nasty infection/rootkit/virus that is wreacking havoc on many computers. I suggest going to the forum here that deals with infections, etc. to see what you can do to resolve your problem. Perhaps the moderators will move this to the correct forum.

Another excellent place is TechSpot - PC Technology News and Analysis They have a Security & the Web forum. Read their stickies in that forum.

Good luck.

Do a system restore and bring your computer back to a previous state where you can work with it and try to remove the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom