Possible upgrade option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I want this to be future proof as possible. Thanks for that board recommendation, in my novice opinion it looks pretty good. Now, will my ddr2 pc6400 800mhz ram work well with that board? Or do I need to get faster ram like it has under the specs?

but if theres already a card that can pass 2 4870's (x2) whats the point in backing ur self up for xfire 4850's? imo sli/xfire is only worth if the cards are gonna be bought at the same time or close to each other (couple months)

Future proof is pretty much near impossible in this pc hardware world.

Guys were paying $270 back in the beginning of the year for an 8800GT which now gets stomped on by a cheaper HD4850. Are you looking for improved game performance now???

Yeah. I won't probably be building until around November for sure, I want to get ready for Starcraft 2 and other future games. The point of crossfire is this, get one lone good card now, and then when it comes down quite a bit pick up another for cheap, instead of trying to sell it and use a **** load of more money on a brand new one when I can go SLI or crossfire for similar performance as the more expensive.

Well i was gonna say just upgrade your gpu now, get like a 9600GSO or an 8800GT.

You will notice a nice jump in performance, even with that cpu.

Well you overclocked the X2 4000+ to about the speeds of my current X2 4600+...

I think rican is right, maybe just stick with that now and get a new GPU

Well, I had it OCed to 2.4ghz, but it's too unstable so I had to clock it down to 2.3ghz. I think I will just save for a more future proof system, as I think my mobo kind of sucks.

yeah that will ultimately make the most difference. dont forget 9600gso Is a 8800gs so 8800gs would be a good option too, and in my experience as you can see in my Sig, it overclocks very nicely. i think it comes close to 8800gt performance if you can get about as much i i got from this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom