24" Gaming Monitor for new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
$800 less? You could build a system and with an overclock (or definately a Core i7) you could build one for $1800 less that would perform close to that.

These parts are all a waste of money IMO.

QX9770
Vigor iSurf HDD cooling
Both WD Raptor HDDs
4GB DDR3 1800mhz RAM
1200 Watt Thermaltake PSU
GTX 280 SLI

They are either not needed, not utilized with current games, or just flat out too expensive.

Unless you want marginal performance in Crysis rather than OK performance.....what is the difference between this and a $1,700-$2,000 build? Nothing....for gaming. Besides Crysis, I haven't played a game yet that I can't run maxed out at 1920x1200.

Hello,

I get it. I spent too much on items not needed. My rationale is that i tend to hang onto things for a long time and this PC I intended (initially) to keep for several years. I figured if I purchased cutting edge components now that would mean system would last longer rather than become obsolete in 2 years.

SurgeVel: If the system is a bust and I return it I'll get in touch with you for a proposal on what you would build.

PC arrives this week.

My last 2 PC's were hand me downs that were underpowered and could not be upgraded any further according to Dell. That is another reason I went overkill.

Thanks All for a LIVELY discussion/debate on my system and the industry as a whole.

sharpknife

In the future think about building your own. And spending $2,000 or less. And upgrading every 6-12 months.

That will give you the best system for the least amount of money, especially if you sell your parts on ebay and get WAY more than you expected like I did.

I sold my ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe and AMD X2 6000+ for $180 last month. I thought maybe $120-$130 would be pretty good for such old (1 year old) parts.

Why would you not build your own? Just listen to us and try it. We will be here to help.

I can do a complete build in about an hour and a half, OS installed an all. You are going to pay someone $1,500 an hour to put together your computer?

And besides.....building it is the funnest thing you will ever do with the computer. Trust me.

dhgunit: You are 100% right. Somewhere in my apartment I have PC World magazines that explain how to build a nre PC with real life photos as a guide.
As I recall - they did not include a liquid cooling system. I'd prefer LC over AIR in that Air/Fans are typically noisy. My brothers PC is very loud. I'd be willing to give it my best shot and build my own if I had forum help.

Thanks,

SharpKnife

air may be a little more noisy (they can be quiet with the right fans, etc.), but water requires MUCH more maintenece and has the possiblity of being fatal to your computer (if it leaks...always possible). air wont kill anything.

And usually water is done by the more skilled, not someone who is building their first pc. I been messing with this stuff for years and still havent done water.

I can do a complete build in about an hour and a half, OS installed an all.

Hour and a half with OS installed? Maybe if you are doing an image/ghost session. Or MAYBE depending on the OS and hard drive size. Vista does a quick format by default so it would technically install quicker than an XP machine running a full format on a 500GB hard drive.

Just putting the parts together only takes like half an hour after you've done it enough. Then you just add some cable ties and clamps to arrange the wires and you're good to go.

I gotta call shens. It took me over 4 hours to update/patch when i reinstalled 2 weeks ago. Admittedly that was doing a fresh install of both XP and Vista. But when i put my watercooling setup in and switched over to my rampage and 4870s it took me a good 12 hours to get everything done right. But i'm also really anal about making sure everything is done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom