ARRRRGH...! cant make up my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what people are saying, the HD 4850 can handle any game even at 1920x1200 maxed out and still get playable FPS (except Crapsis)

Go with the HD 4870 the HIS one (the second HIS)

or the cheapest HD 4850

yeah...i dont want playable v-dogg...i want mucho frames. crysis not an issue, i dont play it. i play WiC, BF2, COD4, FEAR, BiA, Blazing Angels and lots of others...lol just not crysis.
will probably pick up Mass Effect soon.
so, you suggest the 4870 over the 4850's in crossfire? they are close to the same price (260 AR vs 250 AR) if i get the palit 4850's vs the HIS 4870. you dont think the 1GB will help with my resolution, seeing as how i want to turn AA and AF full tilt?

Well the 256bit interface will probably cap the 1gb from being used to its full potential...

plus you linked to all 512mb's

EDIT: you changed them

But if you want a lot of FPS instead of just playable then two HD 4850's

i have read that the ddr5 will not suffer the bottleneck as the memory clock is 3.6-4ghz (woot).
so you say two 4850's then? i wonder how the palit 4850 quality stacks up to the HIS?

As per usual, reports are showing that the 1gb models make almost no difference over the 512 models. Also the 256 bus doesnt affect it at all due to the gddr5. With my crossfire setup, i cap out every game at 1920x1200.

Oh hey naga. I might be selling my 2 HIS 4870s if it turns out to be true that SLI will support multiple monitors and switch over to the 260s i have on the way from evga.

lol...thanks v-dub for introducing even more doubt heh...should i wait for your cards heh...?
so what do you think v-dub? crossfire 4850's?

Personally i spent the extra for the 4870s due to the extra memory bandwidth, but you know me, i never cheap out on anything.

Lol.. I can imagine how mad Ricanflow and Nosboost300 would be if you started folding with those GTX 260's (you'd just have to turn off SLI and run two of the clients.. hahahaha)

I cant afford to fold. My power bill is already twice as much as it was last year at this time and i didnt even use the AC or heater. Its all from my stupidly hungry pc. It stays off while i'm at work or asleep, i can only imagine how much i'd be paying if i left it at full load 24/7. Not to mention my apt would likely be about 90F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom