updating ram, will i be able to get the full 4gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devcrow

Baseband Member
hey.

Just bought a toshiba a300 which comes with 2gb ram and 64bit capable procesor and i saw written on the cd that came with it that it was 'vista home premium 64-bit', so i went along and ordered another 2gb of ram (hasnt arrived yet).

I went onto computer properties and it said 'vista home premium 32-bit' is this gonna limit my ram to 3gb?

if i will be limited, Can i upgrade to 64-bit from the cd that came with it?

also, I just downloaded cpuz and it said my max ram frequency is 333mhz, but the stick of ram in the laptop says 667mhz, whats up with that? The stick i ordered is 667mhz, will it back-compatiable if the ram in the laptop is actually 333mhz?

Thanx

No you can't update Windows to 64-Bit. You would have to do a complete reinstall. Windows will only see 3GB until you use a 64-Bit version.

When RAM says it's 667MHz it runs at 333MHz x 2. That number is fine.

For a 64 bit os you will have to reinstall everything. As for the ram, a 32 bit OS will only recognize 3.5 gig of ram.

You should also check your system limitations - as i see the a300 can only hold/support 4 gig.

Topic Closed.

Do NOT start the same topic in 2 different areas. You have this in the laptop area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom