IP Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
I have an ip camera connected to my router that I can view locally or over the internet. The software that comes with it is not all that great. Im looking for software that can show and record the video stream (mjpeg) from the camera. I would like it to record as long as I need, on a schedule or when motion is detected. Would like to keep it free or cheap. Thanks for any suggestions.

most ip cameras have their proprietary software,i have not yet encountered that you can use the software of other ip camera for another brand of ip camera. what brand of ip camera do you have? you can try to contact the manufacturer maybe they are selling a more flexible software.

It is a linksys. I can stream it with a link in many different programs such as wmp. Just looking for above post though.

so you mean the software that comes with it doesnt have the ability to record video?
well if you really want to have a surveillance ip camera this are some brands you can check out
1.TeleEye
2.Axis
3.G.E(general electric)
4.iLAX

It does come with the ability to record and detect motion, but it doesn't do it very well. Was looking for a third-party software, not from another brand or camera, but in general.

does it have the option to increase the fps in recording? you can try to use the max fps for better quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom