Computer Specs for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his budget is around $1500 he could get like a q9550 and a 4870 X2 or somthing...

But he doesn't need that. He's asking to play the games he listed smoothly and on high settings, with parts like a q9550 and a 4870x2 it would be overkill.

A e7200 with a 9600gso would be fine. But the best bang for buck is the build Gustave5436 listed.

Sorry for the slow update on this guys. My computer has died on me, won't turn on anymore, and if it does(1/25 times), it freezes and shuts down.All the more incentive to get a new computer I guess! :D Havent really felt like getting on, ever since I'm thinking about purchasing the parts i've stayed away for some reason. I've also really excited to watch my friend build the computer, I want to learn pretty badly..have been looking at some pictures of rigs on here.looks sick. A

I decided to go with HD 4780x2(if i upgrade to a 26" is it worth it?..im also looking to play future games well too) and drop the monitor to save some money, I'll just stick with my 22" inch for now and possibly upgrade to a 26" later on. Also decided to go with the NZXT Apollo Black Case. $80(60 after rebate)Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I'm just wondering if the other parts of the computer can support that amount of power? Just making sure because some people say it might not be enough. Also my friend can overclock the processor or whatever(I'm guessing thats only what is overclocked..I'm not sure). Also, will I need to purchase any additional fans(or something like that) or some form of a cooling system? I heard HD4780 run very hot.

Also purchasing a few other things for gaming:

Keyboard: $80Newegg.com - RAZER Lycosa RZ03-00180100 Black 104 Normal Keys 7 Function Keys USB Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards

Mouse:$44Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse

Mousepad: $17Newegg.com - XTRAC RIPPER XL Optical Mouse pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories

Getting Vista as well which is sold for $133.

I've come to around $1450(roughly) price range before rebates and the alike. Seems reasonable for top end gaming. What do you guys think? Any suggestions are welcome.

WHat CPU and motherboard will you be getting?
The one Gustave5436 posted is ideal, just get the 4870x2 and a better CPU fan

Going to go with basically everything in Gustaves build(only 1 HD4780). Best bang for the buck it seems. Good cost and can run everything I want right now with high FPS, plus its cheap once i subtract the monitor. I can always upgrade later I guess. Decided to go with a very sharp looking Apevia case.

Comes out to like $1000 including the keyboard/mouse/mousepad and maybe a few fans, so that makes me happy as well.

Can I ask though, why the 2.4 GHZ processor is better when there is two better GHZ processors for a less price:

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Can I ask though, why the 2.4 GHZ processor is better when there is two better GHZ processors for a less price:

Huh, i don't really know what you mean here. Are you comparing it to the Q6600 2.4ghz?, if you want you can get an E8400/E8500 over that because they are better.

Huh, i don't really know what you mean here. Are you comparing it to the Q6600 2.4ghz?, if you want you can get an E8400/E8500 over that because they are better.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops That was the reccomended one. The other two listed have a better GHZ or whatever. I'm just wondering what makes this one better(considering its more expensive then the 2.6 and the 3 GHZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom