New Build not working, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrdbr111

Baseband Member
I just built another pc for my wife, and I have double and triple checked my connections, and all is correct..

I press the power switch, the power comes on, CPU & system fans run just fine.. I hear the HDD, but no display, not even for BIOS.. no beeps, nothing...

I have no clue what's wrong, any ideas,.. I'm so frustrated... !!

sounds like somthing is dead. most common thing id say is a stick of ram, try it taking one out and if no go still stick the other in and take the original out. could also be mb, video card or cpu...

ok I took out the ram and put it in one by one in each slot and nothing changed.. Video is on board.. but I just bought all this stuff could it really be bad?

What are your system specs and did you try a different vid card?

Also...I know you checked your connections but I have to ask because i frequently make this mistake: are you sure you have the additional power supplied to the mobo and possibly power to the GPU? What is your vid card?

What are your system specs and did you try a different vid card?

Also...I know you checked your connections but I have to ask because i frequently make this mistake: are you sure you have the additional power supplied to the mobo and possibly power to the GPU? What is your vid card?

Pentium D 3.4ghz, 2gb ddr2 667 ram, Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2 MB (on-board Nvidia), WD 80gb HDD, 450w psu...

The only "non" on board video card I have is agp, and that computer does not have an agp slot, so I can't test that card in it.. but I feel the on board video should work being it's brand new..

I un-plugged and re-plugged all power connectors to the MB and still nothing.. umm.. I even took out the battery to reset the cmos and no difference.. The odd thing is that the mouse gets power when I start it, but the keyboard doesn't seem to have numberlock, etc light up, fans spin and hdd starts to make noise like it's going smoothly, but there's no beeps, or display .. I'm at a loss cause I built the pc I'm typing on atm, and didn't have a problem... idk what to do... please tell me there's something else I'm over looking = (

I see that your motherboard has two types of video connections, DVI and VGA. Have you tried both of them?

sounds like the pc i made recently, i fixed it by accidental nudging the rear of the case with my foot....:p

I imagine the VGA to DVI cable was slightly loose in my case.

I'm going with stalin on this one, something's dead.
What I do is test each component seperately in a system I know is working. So, try taking one stick of ram at a time and installing it into your pc. if it works, try the next stick and so on.
you also want to test your power supply, it sounds a bit like your system isn't receiving enough power. Again, a simple test is just to install the psu in a different pc.

if you have another pc with a pci, agp etc, vid card that will fit your pc, you could just take it of the other pc and try it on the one you build to rule out vid card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom