Computer locks up during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I have noticed that when I play games like Oblivion, Crysis (demo), Half life 2 lost coast that my computer locks up and then shuts down during the game. It has happened many times and it only seems to happen during games, I have not tried anything else to see if it locks up in programs that put a lot of stress on the CPU/GPU, but what could this problem be? Specs are in sig.

Also, I don't have the 80C temps on my 4850 because I got this version of it: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

4850 are notorious for heat and if you have a case that doesn't really have enough vent graphic heavy games can have a impact on vidcards

I started up a game with core temp on, my CPU only got to like 33C, and my GPU got to like 60C.

I ran ATI and used the 3D view, it got up to 64C and then my computer froze... Should I do the fan hack?

Yer looks like overheating problem. Do the fan hack or buy some more case fans for your computer.

64C isn't very hot though for that type of card....

I don't think I can fit anymore fans, maybe 2 120mm fans but then I would have 4 120mm fans in my case, and that seems like overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom