First Build, Please Criticize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doer.

Baseband Member
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read. Over the past week I've been looking for a good prebuilt computer for a good price. Unforunately, it just doesn't work that way. I find I can build a computer and get exactly what I want for a LOT cheaper.

I'm looking to make sure it's all compatible. I'm also looking for any suggestions. I am very open. But please keep in mind I'm trying to make the cheapest high end comptuer as possible. Also, any great websites or videos that show step by step on how to put a computer together? If not, I can find one myself. I'm just curious if anybody knows of a "good" one. By the way, I already have XP Pro so I didn't add that. Anything I'm missing?

Also, do you guys recommend a VGA or CPU cooler? I plan on playing WoW and maybe Warhammer. I also want to possibly play Crysis.

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DH-20A4P-04 - OEM

XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail-------------------OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR800C44GK - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

I appreciate any help.

That case is just cheap, I would recommend a better one.

It looks great though, dont get me wrong on that.

(And everyone here recommends building your own computer, what do you mean by "it just dosent work that way" lol)

That case is just cheap, I would recommend a better one.

It looks great though, dont get me wrong on that.

(And everyone here recommends building your own computer, what do you mean by "it just dosent work that way" lol)

What I meant was that you cant compare what you can get if you build it to yourself to something thats prebuilt, price wise.

By the way, do you gusy think I should get a Xfire ready board for the future to slap another 4850 in there or shoudl I just upgrade the card when the time comes?

Parts updated, waht do you think of that case?

i think he had the black nzxt apollo...which is a good looking case. I'd get it personally, i like it...+the only bad thing i've heard about it is: the door is kinda weak

dont buy intel mobo's, all you need to do is keep the same build you had before, but in addition have 750tx/550vx, 4870. personally i wouldnt buy the 1000 build with a xigmatek rifle cooler, pencil mod the 4850 and start o/cing it will serve you very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom