ATI HD4870 driver problem -- BSOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmjayy

Solid State Member
Hey there guys, i have a new PC tower i bought just over a month ago and lately I'm getting a crash to complete restart and i get this error msg:

"This problem was caused by ATI Graphics Driver, which was created by ATI Technologies, Inc.. There is no solution for this problem at this time"

Then today I had a crash to the blue screen of death that only said something to the effect of:

"major hardware malfunction, contact retailer"

I have the most recent drivers as far as i know, any help appreciated!!

Comp Specs:
-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
-MSI P45 Neo-FR Intel P45 chipset mainboard
-Thermaltake Silent 500w ATX power supply
-4Gb PC6400 dual channel DDR2-RAM
-ATI Radeon HD4870

Thanks,

Matt

It helps if you list what you've already tried.

First, use Driver Cleaner and uninstall your drivers. Reinstall with the drivers from the ATI/AMD site.

Ok, so I used Driver Cleaner Pro to get rid of all my old ATI drivers and I installed the new drivers from the ATI website. But now I can't get the Catalyst Control Center to install. I download the file off the website and Custom install it. I can see that it says it's installing the CCC but when installation has finished there is nothing on the computer at all in the way of Catalyst Control Center.

Please help,

Matt

I've got vista home premium and the closest thing to Appearance and Themes is Theme under Personalization. There is nothing to do with the Catalyst Control Center under that.

Sorry for noobishness.

-Matt

UPDATE!!

As well as not being able to open or install Catalyst Control Center I just got this bluescreen shutdown error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 84FAA510
BCP2: 8E02749E
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini091508-02.dmp
C:\Users\Ann\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31730-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ann\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7DE5.tmp.version.txt

Any help appreciated.

nothing that i can decipher, just shows a bunch of errors. not sure what ones anyone here would need to see?

Well you have to look for the last error at the time the BSOD happened. Then when you open it up there should be a link to the Microsoft database. That database (if it has info) will explain it in English, not hex codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom