crossfire or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok I am about to do a MAJOR overhaul on my puter sometime in the next week or so and I have a ATI 3870 right now and I was wondering if it would be worth it to pick up another one and run em crossfire?

It really depends on what you would use it for. Do you notice anything slow about your current setup? Not getting enough fps maybe, or slow to load? If nothing's bad, I don't see a reason to throw more money at it.

What resolution do you run at?

Crossfire is really needed unless you run at high resolutions or use multiple monitors. Better to invest in a card like the 4850 if you not getting the performance you want in games.

well I'm upgrading my mobo, cpu, ram, all that good stuff and i my parents said for my bday they would give me some extra money and I figured that it could go for another 3870 if its worth it. I run usually at 1280x1024 but I also sometimes hook it up to our 60in 1080p TV.

Well a single 4870 will outperform 2 3870s in xfire. So i would say just get one of them if you can afford it. But if you can find a 3870 cheap it should be still pretty good.

ok so the 4870 is faster then 2 3870s. ok I'll see what I can do with my budget, your talking just the 4870 not the X2 right?

No just look at the 4870/4850. I think a 4850 would benfefit you more over 2x3870's. Whatever is in your price range, the 4870 is about 15%-20% over the 4850.

OK so I would see a noticeable increase from the 3870 to a 4850 or 4870? One more thing would I see an increase just from upgrading the rest of my system if I ended up keeping the 3870? Just wondering but I'm thinking if I'm gonna put this much in I might as well go big lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom