Max overclock - GTX 260 865/1865/1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh i would just leave it at stock, it looks like its working fine at stock....there's no point in overclocking the GPU when you have a 4200x2 and running at 1440x900

talk about a major cpu bottleneck

I knew there was something wrong from the very start also. 865/1500 is not possible.

Yeah well im getting the 3.0ghz e8400 or wutever soon. That and the asus p5q? pro i think it is. p45 chipset, etc..

Edit: Dude, gurusan, how the frick is your e8400 up 1.45ghz from stock? wtf?! dude thats nuts, my build is all completely done except for the mobo, cpu and ram. everything else is high end and ordered. Will you be able to help me O/C mine when I get it? Im not going water cooling but i will get the zalman 92 or 110mm. Dude thats sick though

the Wolfdales have easy capability of 4ghz+ but those are only ones with good VID's, going past like 4.3ghz you're going to have to go Water Cooling like him

So when I get the cpu, should I check what part of the assembly line or whatever it was on to see what VID i got? And tell newegg it was defective if I dont get a good one lol? Basically if I order it now am I gonna get owned

VID actually is more of a q6600 thing. VID means nothing really on the new wolfies.

Almost all are either 1.225 or 1.25V and the only way to know how well they clock is to try it. For example mine is 1.225V (max i think for C0 steppings) and yet it is an amazing clocker.

and most E0 E8500 and E8600s are 1.25V but do 4ghz at 1.2V or even less sometimes

3.6ghz stable. Right now I have it at stock though, I want to grab me a xigmatek before I do oc 24.7. Since nehalem requires completely new gear I will have to save up longer than usual, hence this rig will last me a couple of months longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom