Crazy Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing first:

Crazy Browser is NOT an independent browser but a SHELL for Internet Explorer.

Now, on with the rest ;-):

Because it's a shell, feel free to install it Cunjo. It will not install any ad-, spy- or other "wares", guarantied.

I have been using it for almost three years and I can say I am pretty satisfied. Now, someone metioned it's tabbed interface - I think it's a plus, at least for me: I often download massive amount of pictures from Wallpaper-related and other web sites concerning graphics and have an average of 50 sites opened at any moment - Tabbed interface is easier to handle, quite fast, all windows are equal size, when you open a new java-based window or similar it can't hide window controls (close button, etc.) and most certainly can't hide itself behind the boundaries of my monitor, etc.

It has built in Popup blocker, not so easy to handle but I never needed to mandle with it 'cause it does it's job in a great fashion: since I started using it, it saved me of clicking 126.854 clicks!

It does have it's shortcommings, like not being able to display any of the IE Toolbar plugins like Google Bar (something of a kind is included in it), but still I highly recommend it.

Tip: the moment you install it, turn off option that switches to the Full-Screen mode when you click with Middle Mouse Button and redefine it to open a link in a new window.

==================
About that "rudeness"... I have quite experience with dealing with such people [no offense]. They seem to afraid to do anything unknown with their Mouse... Maybe a fear or Rodents? :-D

Now seriously: Cujo, learn on your mistakes. Here, many people and all of my friends consider me a "Factotum" when it comes to Computers. I can thank my current Computer "Expertise" to my Trial'n'Error Tactics. Experiment! What do you have to lose? Of course, backup your data and your current settings if you want (if you haven't partitioned your HDD do it and always keep your data on other partition and, if possible, second HDD) and on to it!

P.S. Google for "Largo al Factotum" if you have no idea what it means... [Italian, someone who is a (wo)man (let's not me sexists ;-)) of many talents].

If I made some stupid, grammar, typing, spelling, [INSERT_WORD_HERE] mistake sorry. I haven't been around and haven't virtually touched my keyboard for 5 days (!) since I was studying for my (damn) German Exam... Correction: I was actually learning the language!

Forgot to add: Seems like Crazy Browser's Development is paused... I've just e-mailed it's creator(s) and I'm waiting for "results"...

if you are looking for an IE Shell with a lot of additional features, MYIE2 is a good way to go. You can install all of IEs plugins (google toolbar etc) heck it even tells me the weather...mind you i have a window seat :)

the interface is very neat and tiday...and the tab thing works with it.

one thing I like about it is if it crashes (which it scarcely does) when you re open it - it will say "do you want to reload the pages you were last looking at?" and you say yes....

I was originally using crazy browser...but upon finding MYIE2...i was converted. Now the whole of my company uses it as the default browser due to its funcationality.

I havnt had the time to look into its secuerity features.

Yes, I've heard about it... Didn't came upon trying it yet. I might do it now. Also, I think that you can't talk about security features because all these programs are actually just shells for Internet Explorer. If (IF?! Better delete this word...) there are security flaws in Internet Explorer then those same flaws will affect all the shells. Sure, there's a popup blocking but I wouldn't call it a security improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom