Sceptre..they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably suck, just look at their warranty, only 1 year, while everyone else is 3 years.

Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 1 year limited
Labor 1 year limited

Looks terrible, If an item with near 300 reviews has allmost 2/3 of the people saying the all the ports went out within a few days to a few months, i wouldnt even look twice. I have had my 19'' w/s Optiquest for 2 years and it works amazing. Viewsonics and Hanns G's are nice as well

I have had this monitor for almost 2 years and it had been GREAT. No problems at all. It could have been just good luck, though.

Don't buy this monitor. I made the stupid mistake of buying it and now I'm stuck using the VGA port. HDMI and DVI went out within 3 months. Get a quality Samsung or something.

I went DELL 2208.
Only issue is the colors too bright. The green is more lime color... I know its fixable, just haven't fixed it yet.... but I run it next to a 2 year old spectra x9w (19")

It's hit and miss with Sceptre from what I've heard. Some models seem to be fine but others can be very bad. And with reviews that negative I think it's a sure bet this is one best stayed away from. Samsung, LG, HP, Dell (not the uber cheap models but the next step up) are all very nice. Look at those instead.

I swear by Samsung LCDs btw. I've had 2 myself with nary a problem and my ex-roomate has had over a half dozen of them over the years and they've all been perfect. Still going strong, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom