Which RAM should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I recently put together my new computer and was told that the RAM I got was not good for overclocking. I am going to RMA it on newegg and get some better RAM. So my question is what is the best RAM I can get the most I can spend is about $90

I am overclocking my e7300, the multiplier is only 10 so I don't think i am going to have a 5GHz clock, so those G-Skill Sticks will be good?

This is what I have now and I was told that I won't be able to OC well with it so I am returning it to get something that I can hopefully hit 4GHz with.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

So the G-skills will be good? In the thread I made about using good OC RAM I was told that these sticks would be good.
Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

If you plan on going 10x400 those reapers should work great. Those are what i run with my q6600 at 9x400. They run 4-4-4-12 just fine.

The sticks you have now are fine, G.Skill PQs aren't amazing but certainly not bad. You can get a 4ghz clock without even overclocking the ram....and I'm sure the PQs will do 800mhz 4,4,4,12

^I RMA'd them so I can get better sticks, havent shipped them out yet but how much better would I get with the OCZ sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom