upgrades for my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
hi guys i got a Asus m2n32 professional MB, 7900gtx (think im going to buy a 8800gtx), i got amd athlon 4600+ dual core. 2 gigs of corsair xms2 ddr2 dual. Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU - Blue

my questions are how much difference would a 6000+ do for me, would it be worth the buck? also im running windows xp professional, i done a bit of reading and it would seem 4 gig ram is only worth doing if you got 64bit processor, is this true? because i was also thinking of buying 2 gig ram so i got 4gig? i noticed some of you guys got 4gig on a none 64bit rig.

on nvidia website i noticed hyper power is needed for 9000 series cards? what is this and does this mean i cant run them with motherboard/psu?

thanks for your time guys i know these n00b questions all the time but any help is much appreciated without you guys a would no doubt waste my money, lol!

If your planning on getting a high end video card then a CPU like a 6000+ would benefit you.

It's probably worth sticking to 2 gig of ram if you only have a 32 bit OS.

I have never head of "hyper power", probably just a gimmick to get you to waste your money.

Instead of the 8800gtx, look at the HD 4850.

hi guys i got a Asus m2n32 professional MB, 7900gtx (think im going to buy a 8800gtx), i got amd athlon 4600+ dual core. 2 gigs of corsair xms2 ddr2 dual. Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU - Blue
id get a 9800gtx instead there prolly cheaper and perform better

my questions are how much difference would a 6000+ do for me, would it be worth the buck? also im running windows xp professional, i done a bit of reading and it would seem 4 gig ram is only worth doing if you got 64bit processor, is this true? because i was also thinking of buying 2 gig ram so i got 4gig? i noticed some of you guys got 4gig on a none 64bit rig.
you would benefit alot from the upgrade your cpu and expecially if u get a high end card. and most systems now are 64 bit compatable, pretty much all core2 and athlon 64 systems are 64bit compatible its just that you need a 64bit os. also if u get another 2 gb it might only show like 3-3.5 gb, but on mine b4 i got a 64bit os it only showed 2.25... but if u dont have a 64bit os id stick with 2gb and use the money to put forward to ur video card or cpu

on nvidia website i noticed hyper power is needed for 9000 series cards? what is this and does this mean i cant run them with motherboard/psu?
ive never heard of it, sometimes they make fancy names for useless stuff. like some ppl think u need sli ready memory to use sli... you dont.
i think ur psu will do fine with what ur looking at, as long as it has 2 pci-e 6pins most video cards today will run on it.
thanks for your time guys i know these n00b questions all the time but any help is much appreciated without you guys a would no doubt waste my money, lol!
np.

you would benefit alot from the upgrade your cpu and expecially if u get a high end card. and most systems now are 64 bit compatable, pretty much all core2 and athlon 64 systems are 64bit compatible its just that you need a 64bit os.

You don't need a 64 bit OS for a cpu.

id get a 9800gtx instead there prolly cheaper and perform better

The 4850 is better and cheaper.

thanks alot for the advise guys, i forgot to mention im going to buy crysis and i want to get the best i can out of it, (the first crysis btw, i know, i know, im behind the times) Ive been out the pc gaming world for well over a year now, probably more like two so got some catching up to do!

if anyone has it sat on there shelf and wants to sell it "cheap cheap" (like the budgey,lol) let me know!

You don't need a 64 bit OS for a cpu.

The 4850 is better and cheaper.

where in there does it say u have to have a 64 bit os, just commenting on where he said- "i noticed some of you guys got 4gig on a none 64bit rig", and yea it might be better but im an nvidia guy :)

just bought a new hd 4850 for £85 so no complaing there! thanks for the advise guys! saving for a new chip now!

just bought a new hd 4850 for £85 so no complaing there! thanks for the advise guys! saving for a new chip now!

Nice choice. Nvidia is great company, even though Ati is giving them a run for their money at the moment. Just be thankful you got a decent card for your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom