How much is my computer worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to pick a fight, i am just stating the reasons why I prefer macs over PCs and i not even saying that i hate PCs... i have an old PC running SuSE 9.1 personal. I am just saying that i HATE Microshit <typo... and Billy G. My heros are Linus Torvalds, Steve Jobs, and Big Bird!

anarkhy said:
I'm not trying to pick a fight, i am just stating the reasons why I prefer macs over PCs and i not even saying that i hate PCs... i have an old PC running SuSE 9.1 personal. I am just saying that i HATE Microshit <typo... and Billy G. My heros are Linus Torvalds, Steve Jobs, and Big Bird!

i actually prefer apple over pcs, the only thing is the price (i don't want to get a G4, since those are made by motorola and I REALLY dont like motorola)

G4s ARE NOT MADE BY MOTOROLA!!

G4s are much to complex for motorola to manufacter. G3s were made by motorola. but the G4s and G5s are now made in a very expensive lab at IBM. check it out here http://www.apple.com/g5processor/

"WhatÂ’s more, all this power is fabricated in IBMÂ’s state-of-the-art process technology using high-performance Silicon-on-Insulator transistors and copper interconnects. Switches store the instructions that the PowerPC G5 ultimately processes in its execution core. Making these transistors smaller and more numerous boosts performance, but presents challenges. Imagine fitting more than 58 million light switches into the space the size of your thumbnail to comprehend the feat accomplished by IBM scientists and fabrication wizards."

anarkhy said:
the G4s and G5s are now made in a very expensive lab at IBM

Most computer research labs are going to be "very expensive"...
especially CPU research...

Lets face it - Noone likes Windows. I bet most of the people who made Windows don't even like it, but you've gotta respect it. It's a hell of a program, just like all the other OSes out there.

This thread is WAY off topic.

i was VERY close to buying a mac...i went to the apple store many times and played with the comps...i loved the os, so much better than winxp. the reason i did not buy one is because (1) unless you spend a lot of money for the g5, you simply cannot compete with pc's. the g4's, as nice as they are, cannot compare with pc's of the same price. (2) i wanted to build the computer myself.

still, i love the apple platform and would recomend it to anybody that wants the best consumer os made (imo). maybe in a couple years if i have money to blow i'll pick up a 12" pb for traveling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom