Hard-Drive Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunraidan

Baseband Member
Usually when I go to sites that tell me how to do this. It says something about "Master" or "Slave" and it is this point where they show a picture of where to set a frame around some needles. However I don't know where these needles are located on he hard-drive. Could someone please tell me?

It's SATA. (It has a little thin cable) if that's true that I have that then what do I do?

The pins are located on the back of the hard drive where you plug in the cables.

For sata hard drives, there is no need to set master/slave jumpers. Just plug in the sata cable and power cable and your set to go.

It isn't detecting it. I think it may think that it's a DVD Drive. But it detects both when I go to properties and in Bios. Where do I get the driver because I can't find it at the Seagate site.

Anyone?

Right-click on "My Computer", than choose "Manage" than choose "Disk Management"

Yes, only format the new one your trying to install. Choose NTFS for the file format.

If it doesn't give you the option to format it, you might have to activate the physical disk by clicking on the drive button on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom