new guy with trouble with his new computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

burzumaske20

Solid State Member
Hey,I am new to this forum also since I can't get the right answers from certain people,maybe you guys can help.
I started to build a whole new computer again the set up I have is:
biostar gf8200 mobo.
transcend 2gig 1 stick pc6400
550watt ultra powersupply
amd dual core 4400 processor
8800gts ko card

The situation I am having is nothing is displaying on the lcd monitor even though I tried the integrated video and the 8800gts card.
I returned the xfx 8200 motherboard for exchange of biostar board
The cpu had bent pins in them,I was able to get a exchange on that.
all the connections are correct since I had a certified tigerdirect technician looked at my connections,he said the powersupply was good since it started up anyways of the cpu fan spinning.I would appreciate the help seriously.I have tried everything possible of getting things exchange and still having the same issue.

Did the tigerdirect guy look at all of your connections? Do you have all power connections connected? Is it booting up and 'thinking' but nothing is displaying? Or is it actually just powering on for a split second allowing the fans to turn maybe once then stop?

If it doesn't start up look at either a faulty connection (either not properly connected or bad wiring) or a bad MB / processor.

Does your MB or case have a speaker? If so are you getting any beeps? If they dont have a speaker it would be worth getting one of those small portable ones to see if you are getting an error code.

Also look at your connections from the case to the MB. Could have a power lead cable incorrectly connected.

When I took the computer to the guy from tigerdirect the first thing he looked at was the connections and said they were all correct.I know they were correct but good to have a computer tech look to make sure.It is turning on the cpu fan .dvd rom drive,harddrive on with no problems.The power supply fan is spinning as well,the 8800gts card is connected correctly with the 6 pin and the fan is spinning as well..The first cpu had bent pins and I got a exchange on that and I checked to make sure there was no bent pins or broken pins on the oem processor.The little lever went down normally with out forcing the cpu into the am2 socket.The tigerdirect technician even tried to do the integrated video on another monitor and that didn't work either.My one friend keeps telling me it is the powersupply where it might be getting some sort of low voltage possible.This was a exchange motherboard which I had a xfx 8200 board the first,now I have the biostar gf8200.Would you think there is some sort of shortage going on with my computer case since its from 2003?

ok that is what I thought about the case situation.I exchanged the cpu and motherboard already.What made me wonder is when I took the memory out to see if there was any long beeping sound and there was nothing.My case doesn't have a speaker or anything like that to hear any beeps ,but on my old set up if I didn't have the memory or anything else wasn't hooked up right,it would make a beeping sound then.I mean could it narrow down to that microatx boards are not as good as full size boards,exchange the powersupply for something else,or change the memory to a 2gig 1 stick of patriot 667mhz?

i always like 2 sticks of ram if your mb supports Dual channel which is always good. dont forget to check MB compatible memory you may have got a stick it doesnt like at all

the motherboard handles 16gigs of memory I checked through it,it didn't have a page on what kind of memory it likes.It shows it holds the 128/256/512/1gig/2gig/4gig.I could exchange it for a patriot memory or something of the same price and possible switch for a 630watt power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom