Urgent Help Buying New Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, his money, spend it as you wish. If you want to go all out, get two gtx 280s, or even more all out, two hd 4870x2's. you can also look at some of the alienware stuff. yea it's overpriced, yea people will shun you for getting it built instead of doing it yourself, yea it's overkill, but i can guarantee you with a 3000 dollar budget a computer from there will own just about everyone on this website's.

i was thinking about getting dual 4870'x2 2gb ddr5 on a 24 inch monitor? What do you think. My whole system is going to be ddr3. My ram is going to be 4gb ddr3 1800mhz

You know what, I'll build you an awesome computer for $1500 and you can give me the other $1500 :D

Really you do not need $3000 for a good computer, after about $2000 you are just throwing things in there for the sake of having it. The more money you spend doesn't mean it will futureproof it, in a few years time something you spend $3000 might be worth only $1000 and in another year $500.

Technology evolves at such a rapid rate that it's best not to buy a really expensive computer, but to buy a good computer that will still play games on full settings and get great frame rates, and have the best price/performance so that when new technology and parts come out you can just upgrade with the money you didn't waste on buying 2x cards for Crossfire/sli or a $1500 CPU.

If you dead set on buying a really expensive computer, at least wait for the New Core i7's which even though have low Cache, i have heard are built like the old AMD's with a low L2 Cache and a high L3. They should be great.

If you haven't bought your system yet. I would check out this system from what looks to be a new company. It looks really cool. It seems to be 100% liquid cooled. The web site is < Home >.
IT seems to have cool LED lights that light up the liquid inside that you can see through what looks like a clear side view into the internal workings. The web site has pictures that show the whole mother board coming up out of the liquid. So I would expect you wouldn't have to worry too much about over heating at high speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom