Limewire Wont connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
Well, since a couple months back Limewire stopped connecting to the network. I checked that my ports are free, and windows firewall has an exception made as well.

Think my ISP is blocking it? All my other P2P programs work fine (utorrent and emule) just limewire wont connect, and ive tried several versions already.

My ISP is SBC/AT&T DSL.

Ideas??

I would say ISP. But i dont see how they could block that and not any other P2P stuff. Does Limewire use a specific port or can you adjust it?

Never mind, i uninstalled it and installed Frostwire and ive got full connection.

By default Frostwire uses a different port so i guess thats why it connects now, but im too lazy to uninstall it and reinstall Limewire again and change it to Frostwires port.

Why do you use Viruswire in the first place?

Ive never gotten a virus from it, i use nod32 plus two firewalls (windows and hardware firewall) and i dont download 128kb files which are clearly not songs.

Its great for those quick downloads, cause torrents are for large downloads.

There's nothing wrong with Limewire for small "legal" downloads. People just know it's widely used for just that, so they decide to upload junk, adware, spyware and viruses. Same thing happened to BearShare, WinMX, eDonkey, Napster, et cetera, et cetera... Disliking a file sharing program because of the people that use it or how popular it is ... thats just silly :)

If you are smart and download intelligently, you can avoid the junk very easily.

But that's the problem with the majority of Viruswire users. They don't download responsibly.

Just last week I went out to reformat and reinstall windows on two separate pc's. They both were infested with viruses thanks to Limewire.

BitTorrent doesn't have a search function :p

Frostwire is good for small quick downloads, if you don't download the ridiculous looking files you won't get viruses, and if you download in Linux, you won't get any viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom