Status
Not open for further replies.

ecaffeine

Solid State Member
Mobo - Foxconn A7DA-S
Bios - 879F1P04
2x WD 500gb sata 3g hard drives
1x LG BluRay/HD sata drive

I know this is a new motherboard but I cant find any info anywhere else on this problem so I am just hoping someone here can enlighten me.

I followed the instructions and set up my RAID 0 Array. It was very easy. Formatted etc... Then I reboot. Everything normal I have my Vista disk in ready to install. The RAID Option ROM v 3.0.1540.30 comes up as expected saying detecting drives, detects my RAID, lists the proper size and under status it says FUNCTIONAL with the _ (cursor thingy) blinking as if its thinking. I wait, and wait and wait AND IT JUST SITS THERE. I try restarting, same thing. I try hitting delete to go to bios so it opens the boot up details text (displays what is loading as it should) but before it can go in bios it has to get past the RAID Option ROM which again just sits there (No... pressing any key doesnt do anything - in fact I tried every key including ctrl-F). I took the vista dvd out - no change. I unplug the DVD drive all together - no change. I have set up many RAIDs before on Nvidia motherboards before with NVRaid and Silicon Image. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO GO THROUGH THOSE UTILITIES TO GET TO BIOS! I HAVE TO UNPLUG MY HARD DRIVES JUST TO GET TO BIOS! I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO DELETE THE ARRAY IF I WANTED TO. There must be something I'm missing because with nvraid and silicon image I could always press f3 or something while it was loading to edit the configurations. With this I can only edit the RAID config by pressing ctrl-f if I have RAID enabled and there are no arrays detected. What if I had a working array and wanted to add another hw raid? I am so lost. I put an inquiry into foxconn but they take a long while to ever get back to me and they are not very helpful anyways.

I know this is a long shot but crossing my fingers very tightly.

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes I know for a fact that I do, but thats not the issue. If I didn't it should come up with an error saying no system disk. And if wanted to change the boot order I should be able to go into the BIOS and adjust the order. It does not give me ntldr error and I CANNOT GET INTO BIOS WITH THE DRIVES PLUGGED IN AND RAID ENABLED EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO MOBO ERROR BEEPS OR ERRORS DISPLAYED ON SCREEN.

Thanks for you guys' help but you are really not understanding the problem. I have set up many RAIDs before. I have the vista x64 raid drivers on a flash drive ready but I cannot get past the RAID manager to boot from ANYTHING. CANT EVEN GET TO BIOS. OBVIOUSLY THERE IS A PRETTY BIG PROBLEM IF I CANT GET TO BIOS.

Thanks for you guys' help but you are really not understanding the problem. I have set up many RAIDs before. I have the vista x64 raid drivers on a flash drive ready but I cannot get past the RAID manager to boot from ANYTHING. CANT EVEN GET TO BIOS. OBVIOUSLY THERE IS A PRETTY BIG PROBLEM IF I CANT GET TO BIOS.

Can you boot to your DVD with raid disabled or hard drives disconnected?

Yes I had been able to boot from DVD and install Vista x64 (This same DVD) on one of the hard drives about 4 days earlier.

I cannot get into the utility to modify/delete/add new arrays. It is very odd. Most controllers you can hit f3 or w/e to enter the utility as its booting up but not this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom