My first build! w/questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the best quads are your q9450 and up, but those are pricey. and then there's everybody's favorite the q6600 great cpu for the money.

Ok so now I just need to know what kind of power supply to get. Good brands would be much appreciated, but I'm talking mainly about how much. I was thinking about something around 800W, But I also might be upgrading later to running dual video cards. It would just be another of the one I already have on the list. If I did that along with dual monitor would I need something around 1000W. Price really isn't that big of a deal so I am open to any suggestions.

Watts isnt as important as amps. Especially on the 12v rail. If it has low amps you will get power sag and the system will become unstable.

Corsair makes top notch psus. I have a 550vx and it is great. They also make 620 watt models if you need them. But 800watt, from a quality psu is overkill.

^agreed. if you want modular get a 520hx or 620hx if u can find a good priced one on sale....or if you don't want modular get a 550vx.

Be wary of cheap 800watt psus. Chances are they aren't that reliable, have power sag, or both. Stick with the names listed on the recommended parts list and you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom