Monitor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldize

Beta member
Hey I have been having some difficulty with my monitor recently. I play a game called counter-strike and when I play it, I'll occasionally alt tab out to do something else and quite frequently, after doing that, my monitor screen will flick off for about 2 seconds then come back on for maybe a second or 2 and then turn off again. It will keep doing this for a while. I have a degauss (i think) button on my monitor and I've learned that if I press that a lot after it starts happening, it will sometimes stop. Otherwise, I have to go back into the game and alt tab out until it stops. This also happens when I simply quit the game, which makes it very difficult to fix because I have to reopen it while practically being blind.

My monitor is a Viewsonic G90f
My video card is an nVidia Geforce 7900 GT/GTO

About a year ago, my power supply failed me so I had to buy another. I bought a relatively cheap one, but I don't know what that is.

I really really really am not tech-savvy at all but I'd like to learn how to deal with these problems myself. This has been happening for about 3 months now.

It also might be worthwhile to mention that sometimes my computer will simply shut down, which I've learned is normally something with the power supply. Either that or the computer is overheating, which doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thanks for any help you might have :D

Looks like the CRT monitor doesn't like the changing of resolutions and refresh rates by using alt-tab. That won't be a problem with a LCD monitor.

LCD's are about as expensive as your video card was when it was new. They can go for about $150 which isnt that bad.

Since you say you got a cheap PSU i would lean that way as well as needing a new monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom