another 7900 gtx or new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
hi guys im skint at the mo but fancy bit of an upgrade, do you think i should get a new single graphics card nvidia 8000 series maybe or another bfg 7900 gtx and go SLI? my mother board is ASUS M2N32 WS PRO, remember i am looking for a cheap way to get a bit more performance, thanks for your time

my budget is cheap really, i was thinking trying to find a second hand 7900 to save as much money as poss, i no longer do much gaming on my pc really, to be fair im happy with my system performance at the moment, but everyone likes for there pc to be a little quicker right?

i have 2 gig corsair xms dual DDR 800mhz 5 5 5 12 , 4900+ dual core athlon, WD Sata hard drive (think it may be a raptor cant remeber and on laptop at so cant find out 10,000rpm rings a bell?), 250gig WD external HD

this is my monitor -

Amazon.co.uk: Videoseven V7 S20PD - Flat panel display - TFT - 20.1 - 1400 x 1050 / 60 Hz - 300 cd/m2 - 600:1 - 8 ms - 0.2916 mm - VGA (HD-15) - black, silver: Electronics & Photo

i would not bother with SLI.

I'd sell the 7900 and buy something like a 8800GT or a used 8800GTS 512mb

It will be a massive upgrade

can my current setup run direct x 10 cards? or would a need a new motherboard? and a bit n00bish on this subject sorry :/ im also runnning mico XP would this be an issue?

my current card is a BFG OC i am looking on ebay at the 8800 cards and the bfg ones seem to be alot more expensive than say the ASUS model? should i just stick to the asus or a similar equivalent? are there any makes to avoid?

They are all pretty much the same...some come with different warranties and coolers, and some are preoverclocked.

Lots of people like XFX and EVGA as they have great support, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

And yeah you can run DX10 cards and on your motherboard, but you will need Vista for DX10. I wouldn't bother really though as DX10 doesn't offer anything over DX9 these days other than a significant loss of performance :)

Look for an 8800GT 512mb or 8800GTS 512mb....either one will be a massive boost in performance and can be had for not too much cash these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom