no signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
hi guys, i built my self a pc about 2 years ago and had no problems what so ever, i have been decorating the room so unplugged all my pc, upon reconnection everything i am getting no signal to my monitor and getting an audio warning from the motherboard

the audio is a 1 second beep followed by 2 short beeps. (beeeeeeep beep beep)

the motherboard is an asus m2n32 ws professional, the graphics card is a geforce 7900 gtx, and the hard disk is a western digital.

the last time i hooked my pc up it was to the tv as the monitor and all was fine. whe i switch on all the fans kick in the green l.e.d is lit up on the mother board the fan on the graphics card works everything seems to have power but i really dont know what it is?

thanks for your help in advance.

sorry what is gpu? i tried it on my telly and still nothing the pc constantly goes beeeep beep beep over and over?!

if its graphics card then no i havnt because i dont have a spare, the fan works on the card.

Hello,

GPU is the Graphics Processor Unit or the GFX Card. I would check to make sure that the card and everythign are "seated" or in their slots fully. Sometimes moving a PC can jar them loose.

Cheers,
Mak

Following up with Mak's advice, also check the power going to the graphics card. I don't know how many times I accidentally bumped the power connector from the PSU and sat there confused as to what happened to my computer. Turns out, I just needed to plug power in.

So check that out, along with how the card is seating and everything else. Sometimes it's the simplest thing. ;)

sorry about that, should have been more clear....

Also, double check you have all the power connections in, I know i've forgotten the PCI-e or the secondary 4-pin power connection on occasion.

Do you have a friend who can lend you their card for a quick check? If not you can always buy a cheapo from a local big box store that has a no questions asked return policy and check it that way.

hi guys i havnt been able to check my graphics card in another pc but i have taken it out of the motherboard and the pc with no card in still makes that same sound, i will have to find someone who can lend me a card or try myn in there pc, wil let you know how i get on, i have double and triple checked all power ect and all seems fine.

i seem to have found the problem, if i remove one of my corsair xms 2 dual 1gb memory sticks the pc fires up fine, if i put this stick in the motherboard on its own it doesnt fire up again, would you say this memory is dead? i have emailed crsair to see what they think, they offer lifetime warrenty so hopefully will be able to claim, if not i found 2gb for £35 so not too bad

...that's weird. I just kinda posted the same thing almost and now that I think about it when I installed my corsair stick is when my problems started... I think.

Edit: Confirmed. ALthough I do not have the beeps you have I just took my stick out and it fired right up. I shall have to write them an emial as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom