Is this worth $120?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case i think the integrated may actually be better. The Geforce 6150 integrated is 7 years newer than that card and supports Directx 9.0c vs Directx 6 for the Vanta lt.

The 1 gig stick of ram in this computer is needed elsewhere so I need to buy some new stuff. I'm thinking 2 gigs but what do you guys suggest? I have four slots and this is what I got from cpuz:

Memory SPD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIMM #1

General
Memory type DDR
Manufacturer (ID) (0000000000000000)
Size 1024 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
Part number
Serial number FFFFFFFF
Manufacturing date Week 02/Year 07

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no
Nominal Voltage 2.50 Volts
EPP no
XMP no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 166
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
RAS# Precharge 3 3
TRAS 6 7

I don't game but I'm a big multi-tasker also I can't spend too much $$$ :D thanks

Well there was a problem with my card so the order got canceled but before I place another one can someone tell me what type/speed or ram I can use on my computer? I know it's DDR but are there any other restrictions I should be aware of?

look up the mobo specs tel us model num and we will can you what speed to run at. so why are using a ddr mobo? why not a mobo that does ddr2?

wow something wrong with laptop internet tonight.

hmmm.... it says the ram speed is 157mhz. amd's work diff than intel's but i'de say dont go over 157 mhz on ram. cause the mobo will just down clock it to what ever speed is max.

That's not how it works philbar.

That's the speed his current modules run at. The mobo can support better. Its Nvidia 6150, which means he has an Nforce 4 chipset. Nforce 4 supports all DDR standards. Get the fastest DDR you can get, your mobo will work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom