new mobo suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking, maybe I should get a gaming laptop instead and sell all my stuff. I'm rarely ever home and I need something more portable.

in my experiance gameing laptops havent cracked up to much. they get uber hot the batt lasts like 20min playing crysis at like 20fps at med settings. that's based on a friend who has a gateway laptop and a 8800gts in it.

i would miss the power of the desktop thats for sure.

edit: I think I'm going to get the Asus Max II Form. The was my initial intention. Its so purdy. Now I just need to get rid of this quad for a yorkie. Probably going to keep the card for benching. I wouldn't mind trying crossfire x out w/ another 3870 since they are so cheap but that would involve me getting another x38/48 board. Unless the bandwidth really isn't an issue. I'm more worried about the 3870x2 running 8x

Don't you lose performance in most games with Quad CrossfireX?

But if you're really thinking about a Gaming Laptop... Ricanflow used to show me this one laptop at Best Buy, its a Gateway that uses an 8800M GTS

I think its the 6080fx or something like that. I'm going to stick w/ desktop. Crossfire x is only for benching. I don't game that much. I'm a console gamer. I'm deciding what I'm going to do. I want to sell my quad and go yorkie w/ the asus maximus II, 4gb dominators and try out crossfire x. Worse case scenario I sell the extra 3870. Thats my plans right now. Looking at 2 weeks to get it all done. So far I have the tagan bz700w,hdd and lian li case for the build and thats all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom