Selling old, building new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey. Decided I'm going to sell off this pc and build a new one. just looking for some 2nd opinions, and maybe a good motherboard suggestion. The one I have picked is probably pretty good, but the CPU placement is iffy since I'll be settling with air cooling, and not sure if it can be mounted properly.

Also a good 4gb ram kit. The one's listed are the same as I have now, which are good. Just not sure what's better and reasonably priced. Trying to keep the price as low as possible with great performance.

As well I'm in the air about the CPU. I don't trust the q6600's at all after my last one. Ran hotter than **** and I can't deal with that on air. I don't need any crazy overclocks, I'd be happy with 3.4 or 3.6. anything past that doesn't make a bit of difference anyway. I'd like to try to avoid a bottleneck on the 4870x2 but I don't think that'd be an issue. Thoughts? I'd like to just grab a q6600 since they're cheap, but I'd freak if i ended up with another junk one lol.

Case: CM haf 932 - NCIX.com - Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Case
HSF: Xig Rifle + TR120 bolt through kit - NCIX.com - Xigmatek HDT-S1283
NCIX.com - Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit for for Ultra 90/120 & HR-01
CPU: Q9450 - NCIX.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Quad Core Processor LGA775
MOBO: Gigabyte x48 DS4 - NCIX.com - Gigabyte X48-DS4 ATX LGA775 X48
GPU: Diamond Rad 4870x2 - NCIX.com - Diamond Radeon HD 4870 X2
RAM: G.skill PK 800 NCIX.com - G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB
PSU: Corsair 620HX - NCIX.com - Corsair HX620W CMPSU-620HX ATX Triple 12V 50A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply
HD - I'm just keeping one of my 1TB seagates. As well as soundcard. ;p

Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks ^_^

well spend 50 bucks and get a good cooler... why not i mean your spending all of that money why not protect your investment with a cooler and its only like 50 bucks that way you can run a q6600 rather than the more expensive 9450

yeah i agree, x48's are too expensive a p5q will do you good.as for the q6600, wat kinda temps were u gettin? all the q6600s ive had which is about 3, all had virtually the same temps and overclock ability.

yeah was a b3. and i don't care what anyone says about them not being made for ages. i'd put 100 up saying i'd Still get another one. heh.

p45 eh? sounds good, i'll go for that instead. thanks vern XD

as for the temps. 72 celcius at 3.0ghz under water. swapped to this qx, and was getting 4.4gz at 50ish c. ;p

meh maybe i'll try for it anyway. shame newegg.ca isnt up yet :/ i'd trust their stock more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom