do i kill a 7950gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying there isnt ways. I am just saying be careful. They would be able to tell if you took the heat sink off.

XFX covers heatsink removal and overclocking, and its a lifetime warranty. As long as you dont physically beat the card, you're pretty much covered.

But i agree, its pretty stupid and selfish to kill a card which is old just to get something better, thats like me buying a car and crashing it to get my insurance company to give me a new one.

Especially when a new card is not needed.

I love Lukas's idea, I would love to see what happens hahaha. The only problem is it could damage the motherboard if it gets to hot, or the connection port.

Well my card doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere!! It won't get me into Windows when it runs so freaking cool!!

D:

Anyways.. do what you told me to do with it, overclock the living crap out of it and say you were doing some overclock runs.. See how high you can go on 3dmark06 before it craps

i've asked evga about returning my 7900GT on RMA and they replied "it would be up to the RMA department do decide what to do". wouldn't tell me anything else.
then i thought of what it would cost to ship it and blah.

i would think they have a skid of 7900 series cards in storage they use for this kinda thing....

back in the day when my geforce ti4200 blew and since i was a n00b back then i took my computer to the shop where I bought it since it was under warranty i bought 2year warranty and it was about 16months when it happened and they replaced the card with a geforce mx4000. So of u send it back you might at best only get an 8500gt as a replacement.

an 8500gt will power the vista areo interface quite easily. but if i had to chose over a 8500gta and a 7950gt i'd choose the 7950gt cause i know what a 8500gt is like. and plus i just gave my 8500gt away for free!! so i dont want another one. but the 8500gt can fold. i think i would call xfx up and say the 7950gt died and see what they say. then make my decision.

and vern it sounds like your card is not getting power. what's your psu? or your mobo is int recognizing the card.

8500GT is way under a 7950GT, and folds very slowly.

I think a reasonable replacement for a 7950GT would be around an 8800GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom