This is my first build. here are the specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Harddrive: 500 Seagate
Optical Drives: LITE-ON 20X DVD+-R
MB:Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R
Video Card: Asus EAH4850
Ram : Patriot Extreme Performance 2 GB DDR3 1333
Power Supply : Antec Earthwatts 650

When I turn on my computer . It stays on the first time for long enough to to get to the windows setup screen then just turns off. Try turning it on again and it stays on for shorter amount of time ...and so on and so on.

What is the problem? Am I having heating problems? Or possibly a short somewhere? Or anything other ideas?

Thank you for anyhelp in advance

If it was a short, it wouldn't get to the windows set up screen.
Check to see if you've installed your cooler properly to make sure it isn't over heating.
If its ram issue, you can try one ram stick at a time.

Probably a heat issue with the CPU. Ensure you've placed the heatsink snug onto the CPU and you've applied thermal grease.

Reseat the CPU and heatsink if necessary.

Okay... the cpu cooler was alittle loose....fixed that .... I can now power it up....but when i try installing windows on it as soon as it should ask me to create a partion for the OS to go on ...it crashes to all blue screen...please help

Okay... the cpu cooler was alittle loose....fixed that .... I can now power it up....but when i try installing windows on it as soon as it should ask me to create a partion for the OS to go on ...it crashes to all blue screen...please help
could be your ram
do i do that in bios? If not where?
your gonna somehow have to get memtest 86 on a disk and run it on start up.

Do what i mentioned earlier about oyur ram...put one stick and try running the setup...

okay i'll just put memtest 86 on a bootable disc and try running that....what do i exactly look for with memtest 86?....I tried one stick with no luck

this is the error i'm getting when i try installing windows

Stop: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, F786A0BF, 0xF7CB608, 0xF7CB5F08)
pci.sys - Address F786A0BF Base at F7863000, Datestamp 3b7d855c

anyone know anything about this?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom