I45 vs P5Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the P5Q Pro and I love it. No problems at all, so many BIOS options. Now for $139 on newegg.

Someone please help me out though, because these are the only differences I can find between the P5Q Pro, P5Q-E, and P5Q Deluxe.

P5Q Pro -
Max. Memory Supported | 8GB
Audio Chipset | Realtek ALC1200
8 Phase Power
$139

P5Q-E -
Max. Memory Supported | 16GB
Audio Chipset | ADI AD2000B
8 Phase Power
$159

P5Q Deluxe -
Max. Memory Supported | 16GB
Audio Chipset | ADI AD2000B
16 Phase Power
$199

Are there any other differences?

The cooling is better on the P5Q-E and Deluxe as well.

And the onboard sound is quite a bit better than the realtek...actually very decent for onboard.

The cooling is better on the P5Q-E and Deluxe as well.

And the onboard sound is quite a bit better than the realtek...actually very decent for onboard.

I was wondering about that gurusan. The realtek does sound pretty good to me though. I doubt if I could tell a difference, I am not an expert in that area...:snob:

i've had both and the sound on the deluxe is MUCHO better.
i have also gotten higher overclocks with the deluxe.
me n' guru like to debate wether the 8 vs 16 phase power makes a difference lol...

lol if your into sound that much why not buy a soundcard?

hey nagasama can you explain phase power to me, i know its got to do with how 'clean' the power is before it gets to ur cpu or sumthin but in more detail...?

Some people dont want the hassle of buying a sound card.

And 16 phase power means it has 16 VRMs....I think there are 14 for the CPU and 2 for the memory.

VRMs basically step down the supply voltage to output whatever value the motherboard request. When you change voltages from 1.25 to 1.45 they are the ones doing that for you. They do a fair amount of work and adding more reduces the load on each individual VRM as they share the work. This results in a cleaner, more stable power supply to the components.

^^exactly^^
also, they help with stability, as they keep the power at a stable level as the cpu is coming off and going on to a load. which is typically the most unstable time. so, the more the merrier. :D
its also (i would think) one of the reasons my mobo has less than a .008 Vdroop :) with loadline calibration enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom