CUDA Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
With all those Apps that make use of CUDA, including Folding at Home, that Video Encoder software etc etc, can it make use of both GPU's if i use Sli??

So can i have two GPU Folding clients, can i have the power of two 280GTX's encoding HD video?

Just wondering so i can make a better choice as to what video card configuration i want.

Thanks. :cool:

Thanks cvb724. How about other apps (not opening multiple clients but the program making use of multiple cards), or is it app specific?

No, CUDA does not run in SLI mode.

The way we fold with multiple cards is out of SLI mode, and by creating multiple shortcuts, its basically a work around since the F@H client doesn't not support multiple cards either (you cant install two gpu clients and run them off separate cards, because the client defaults to gpu0, the primary windows gpu).

For CUDA to recognize that there is more than one gpu installed, SLI must be diasabled (since SLI treats two gpu's as one). This may change down the road, but as of now SLI is not supported.

The only guys here who run dual gpu systems for folding would be me and prvrt, so come to us if you need any help.

I really hope that CUDA takes off and ATI gets into as well. Might really change the way we think about GPU's generally being for games only.

ATI already runs off CAL, only Nvidia cards are capable of running CUDA.

Yeah but there was an article about this guy who got a version of Cuda or made Cuda instructions work on an ATI card, Nvidia employed him i think and they are working together.

No, CUDA does not run in SLI mode.

The way we fold with multiple cards is out of SLI mode, and by creating multiple shortcuts, its basically a work around since the F@H client doesn't not support multiple cards either (you cant install two gpu clients and run them off separate cards, because the client defaults to gpu0, the primary windows gpu).

For CUDA to recognize that there is more than one gpu installed, SLI must be diasabled (since SLI treats two gpu's as one). This may change down the road, but as of now SLI is not supported.

The only guys here who run dual gpu systems for folding would be me and prvrt, so come to us if you need any help.

That's basically what I meant. You can run two cards but they won't run in SLI.

You have a source for the article zed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom