New video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VersaEmerge

Solid State Member
I'm playing on buying a new comp. I'm running an old P4 with a 7800GT OC..Now I'm looking to spend a load on a new up to date pc. I was wondering if you guys recommend SLI GTX280's or SLI 9800GX2's.

Neither, lol. Upgrade your processor first. You will not get the performance out of those with such a crap processor. It will act as a huge bottleneck and would be a total waste of money. Get one gtx 280, and with the rest of the money UPDATE YOUR COMPUTER!!! Or get one hd 4870x2

I'm playing on buying a new comp. I'm running an old P4 with a 7800GT OC..Now I'm looking to spend a load on a new up to date pc. I was wondering if you guys recommend SLI GTX280's or SLI 9800GX2's.

If you can afford TWO GTX280's, then that's definitely the best performance you can get atm. But keep in mind that the 280GTX is about twice as much as an 4870 and the 4870 is much better for the money. I would get an HD4870X2 because its much cheaper and around the same performance.

*edit* Thresh I think he is going to update the rest of his components. He's just asking which GPU is best.

Ahh, sorry man lol. I misread that, than yea two gtx 280s will be the best, however a 4870x2 might be the better bet, and you could look to get another one in crossfire at a later date I think??? And that by itself will run anything on max with a good supporting setup anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom