Sapphire Cooling on the 9800Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsd44

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of overclocking my 9800Pro just for fun, so i'm gonna put a new cooling system on it, because apparently the Sapphire 9800Pro's cooling is well... bad, am I right? So if i do put another one on there, which one? Ive heard of Vantec Iceberg, Thermaltake Giant, Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer, but which is the best?

Which ones have you guys used?

Post pics if possible and links please... :D

I just ordered a Zalman model ZM80C-HP for my ATi Radeon 9800 Pro. I have heard good things from all the products you mentioned. I dunno, I went with Zalman cos I have their cpu heatsink/fan and it works great. Here is a link to the Zalman: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-211&depa=0
And yes, you are right. The 9800 Pro runs pretty hot.
I will post up my results when it arrives sometime this week. If you decide to go with Zalman, make sure to add the optional slim fan model "ZM-OP1"

Zalman 80D with optional OP1 fan is great. Requires some assembly.

lanboy1.jpg

Jeffrock said:
I just ordered a Zalman model ZM80C-HP for my ATi Radeon 9800 Pro. I have heard good things from all the products you mentioned. I dunno, I went with Zalman cos I have their cpu heatsink/fan and it works great. Here is a link to the Zalman: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-211&depa=0
And yes, you are right. The 9800 Pro runs pretty hot.
I will post up my results when it arrives sometime this week. If you decide to go with Zalman, make sure to add the optional slim fan model "ZM-OP1"

any results on this?Very interested.

After playing doom 3 for a couple of hours, My video card temps report a 64c. Fans full blast.

overdrive is off though. Don't really need it unless I'm trying to benchmark for a high score.

how are you guys finding the temp? I have an ATI 9800PRO 128MB and couldnt seem to locate it anywhere in the advanced setup?

Well I'm reading mine from the overclock tab in the display settings. Apparently only the XT bios has the overclock feature built in.

i got a thermal take giant 3 and i overclocked my 9600xt 256mb
to 600Mhz core/ 700Mhz DDR. Orginally its 500Mhz Core/600 Mhz DDR. my temp is at 40 degrees celcius with all fans turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom