Overclocking e7300, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I just go my new rig together a couple of hours ago and this thing is fast compared to that old 1.7GHz celeron thing, I downloaded CPU-Z to see what my computer is running at and it says it is 1.6Ghz, when windows says it is running at 2.6GHz which is the listed stock speed. The Biostar HW monitor program seems to be the best because I did OC the FSB from 266 to 300 and it was the only program that said it was at 3.0GHz. (right now it is on stock settings)

Anyways does anyone know why this is happening?

I found the C1E in the BIOS but I cant find EIST in the BIOS, where would it be located? I have a biostar P43 BTW.

I turned both of those off now CPU-Z jumps from a 6.0 multiplier to a 10.0 multiplier.

Anything else i should try?

when you OC raise the fsb in small increments. Once you get that boot into windows and run orthos or prime 95 for an hour or two. If you get no errors then you are good to go. Once you get to a certain point you will have to raise the voltage on your processor. I have an e7200 and I had to do so to pass 3.8ghz. Just raise the voltage a small amount. Also you need to keep an eye on you temps, under 50c on load is a good place to be but core2s are safe under 60c. Once you get above 3.6 ghz I would also recommend stress testing for several hours just to be sure.

Here is a screenshot of CPU temp and the HW monitor that comes with my motherbaord.

system.jpg

Well you have a 6x multi in the screen shot which means speed step is still activated. You have a good vid though, so your theoretical max OC is pretty high, but your model is newer so that is expected. You really only see bad vids after a cpu has been out for sometime. Also your Ram voltage seems a tad low. There are two general voltages for DDR2, 18v for value ram and 2.1v for performance ram. If you have performance ram (XMS2, ballistics, ocz golds etc) then you want to set your voltage to 2.1. I had that problem with my motherboard defaulting to 1.8v and with 2 sticks it managed but with 4 sticks of undervolted ram it became unstable.

Not so good RAM... DDR2 800 @ 5-5-5-15... I can't tell if that VID is good because it's under load, but show one under load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom