Need help BUYING COMPUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
puddle i'm seriously a noob, but do you think for ultimate gaming I should go with the that new processor or stick with quad core?

The first Core i7's will be quad cores with hyperhreading for a total of eight threads. There haven't been any good gaming benchmarks of them yet but overall they are supposed to be 25-50% faster than the current 45nm quads clock for clock.

Well I thought it over and decided something. My limit will be about $3000-$5000 dollars and I can't spend more than that. No I'm not rich. -_-

Please I know I'm getting annoying asking all these noob questions but you have no idea what kind of brothers I have that are asking for a gaming PC. They are whining and I seriously can't take it anymore.

Please can someone give me a setup of a ultimate gaming computer between the ranges of $3000-$5000. Some of you already gave me a rig and I appreciate it but can you do it towards this limit. If i can get it for cheaper GREAT!.

I need the CPU, Motherboard, GPU, Hard Drive, Monitor, Power Supply, Cooling Unit, and w/e it needs. Also is it a wise idea to get an already OC'ed cpu?

-Thank you.

Vanguish no computer will be able to handle all the newest and latest games for 8 years. The hardware companies are just moving so freaking fast, I mean like 2 generations of video cards get released in the same year. Then there are new Processors always around the corner that always seem to knock the pants off the current processors. As if all that wasn't enough there is all mother board upgrade ability one must keep in mind.

The point is not to spend tons and tons of money on a computer just so you can keep it for the next 20 years without worrying. Its about small minor upgrades and monitoring your computer. People like Gurusan have had over liek 6 quad cores already. While some of us are still stuck on Dual cores. Its about educating yourself and maintaining your computer on your own. At least then you won't get ripped off by Alienware.

haha you are not rich yet spending on a computer, more than 90% or the world?

Alienwares are great, Just make sure you get a new case, and not a 5 year old case.
I would go with the alienware if money is not an issue. They do everything perfect contrary to most people beliefs

Or if you want a nice computer, pm surgevel (tell him your budget)
He will get your a nice computer and cheap compared to alienware.

haha you are not rich yet spending on a computer, more than 90% or the world?

Alienwares are great, Just make sure you get a new case, and not a 5 year old case.
I would go with the alienware if money is not an issue. They do everything perfect contrary to most people beliefs

Or if you want a nice computer, pm surgevel (tell him your budget)
He will get your a nice computer and cheap compared to alienware.

No, I'm sorry, Alienware is disgusting and dude you made a thread like a month ago telling everyone not to buy Alienware cases, seriously wtf have you had a lobotomy?

If you want a long lasting computer then i would wait a month or two for the new Core i7's as mentioned by puddle. If you get one of them with a bunch of ram (6gig) and maybe a 4870x2 and one of the high end processors i would say you could keep that rig for maybe 5 years and then just upgrade the processor/graphics down the line.

the point is, if you want to stay at the top, you'll have to keep upgrading components or put together a new build every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom