CPU temp?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
all of the sudden tonight my CPU temp is going from 34-37 C when it ussally stays at 29 or so. and my cursors locks up every 20 secounds. i restarted PC and it stayed on windows XP logo screen for awhile so i had to restart and it took about 45 secounds on the logo screen til it booted up.. is my CPU overheating? it all of the sudden started doing it.

34-37c isn't high at all. You shouldn't have anything to worry about if it's just 4-5 degrees. Maybe your room got a little hotter, or your CPU usage was a bit higher for whatever reason.

K, well its not locking up anymore. but its takes 3 minutes to boot up now. it takes on the XP logo screen for over a minutes when befor it would go thru it in about 10 secounds. think my video card is overheating?

Go through Osiris's guide.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-8-18-2008-a-165828/

Post up your log.

HijackThis Logs (analyze) - Computer Forums

Someone will analyze it for you and let you know what action to take.

Well, i just went into My computer and notice no D Drive at all... i realize last night my DVD burner crapped out. so when it would reboot it would take forever. so i unplugged everything took the case off and unplug power and sata from drive and replugged them back in.. boot up computer and it boots up to speed like it should. so my drive crapped out and was causing it to boot up slow... very weird but that seems to be the problem.

Well, i just went into My computer and notice no D Drive at all... i realize last night my DVD burner crapped out. so when it would reboot it would take forever. so i unplugged everything took the case off and unplug power and sata from drive and replugged them back in.. boot up computer and it boots up to speed like it should. so my drive crapped out and was causing it to boot up slow... very weird but that seems to be the problem.

That's pretty much why I suggested to start testing your drives. That isn't an uncommon problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom