24" Gaming Monitor for new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the 64-bit Vista. What is this crap?? I have had 64-bit Vista for about 9-months now with minimal problems. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to get 32-bit.

Preach on my brother. up with 64bit, down with dope...er wait.

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback and education everyone.

I am waiting for delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday of the upcoming week and will let you know what I think of original system.

If displeased I will take your recommendations and upgrade whatever needs to be done to run Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I am a greenhorn and honestly have no idea how to overclock anything.

When the time is right and I'm feeling adventurous I will turn to you guys at this forum for advice.

This is a great forum. So many responses!

Thank You,

SharpKnife

You're welcome. I don't mean to be rude. But you wasted a ton on that computer. After like $1500-2000 you are basically throwing money away because you won't notice anything...so $4800 is extreme over kill. Plus, with Nehalem coming out in the next few months..now is a bad time period to buy into a system worth anything over $1500.

wafflehammer,

I am allowed to return it within 30 days for any reason if I am not happy with performance.

I just read the Nehalem is coming out at end of 2008. I suppose I could pick up a laptop for $1500 now and then re-build my PC from Alienware or Digital Storm or look into local builders.

Thanks,

SharpKnife

seriously, why not build yourself? it's not that hard..people act like it's super serious stophz going on...but really...unless you slam stuff around, roll around on a carpet, or spill water all in your case- you won't hurt anything lol

but at least you made a good choice about going to cyberpower...still though, the point is after $1500-2000 the price to performance ratio is horrible

If I return it I will start a new post about building a system from scratch using top of the line components where needed and value components as appropriate. Talk to you tomorrow AND when system arrives.

seriously, why not build yourself? it's not that hard..people act like it's super serious stophz going on...but really...unless you slam stuff around, roll around on a carpet, or spill water all in your case- you won't hurt anything lol

but at least you made a good choice about going to cyberpower...still though, the point is after $1500-2000 the price to performance ratio is horrible

And I would NEVER get a $1500 CPU either.....unless I made like $450,000 a year or something and had money to blow. Shoot, the 3.0 Ghz Core i7 is going to be around $1000.....at least wait for that. I bet that blows the QX9770 outta the water.

i'm pretty sure the $285 Nehalem chip blew the QX9770 out of the water, so yea...you should wait if you want to spend that much. again, i don't want to sound rude...but SEND IT BACK :p :p :p

Ugh... why is it that all big name system builders just want to sell you stuff you don't need and make their hefty profit? I by no means added up anything, so this isn't official, but I know as a system builder myself, that I could EASILY build a system of this magnitude for at least $800 less. Not to mention I would change a lot and advise you on other things.

What is the deal with all this extra stuff:
Round Cable Upgrade for Optical Drive
Vigor iSurf II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System
1200 Watt Thermaltake ToughPower Power Supply

I don't see a point to the "round cable upgrade", nor the hard drive cooling. You will already be running like 6 fans in that case, so heat should not be a problem. Plus, the CPU, watercooling, etc is only ever necessary for the "benchmark crusher" systems. If all you need is a computer for gaming and editing, you would be good with 1 GTX 280, air cooling, 4GB DDR2 (since DDR3 is only necessary for Nehalem and shows only minimal gains over DDR2), Corsair 750W power supply, and Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.

There is absolutely no need for any of the extra stuff I mentioned. Plus, with a mild overclock, you could buy the much cheaper Q9650 and have it easily compare or beat that CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom