Sony DRU-190A Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consequences

Baseband Member
Hi. Im currently having an issue with my other computer on its start up. Just yesterday when I start up my computer I get to this black screen and all I see is this white bar which looks like this _ and it stays there for a good 5-8 minutes then it looks like my computer is starting up perfectly about how it looks and then all of a sudden I get taken to this other black screen which is showing info on my driver (sony DRU-190A) then it asks me to put in a cd for the driver then to press any key. So I go through the cd's that I have to see if it would be the one to fix this problem but none of the cd's seem to be the one and everytime I have the wrong one it asks for me to repeat to put a cd in and go ahead and press any key. Idk whats exactly on the screen but as far as I know its asking me for a cd so it can do what ever it is. This is the only problem Ive had with this computer and I had this computer for a good month.

Im sorry I didnt explain my problem that well but as soon as I can I will explain what Is on the screen and if I can get a screen shot to show you whats exactly on it.

Also If you know what CD I might need to buy or burn onto another cd for this to run id appreciate it.

And also Ive tried to continously press the F8 Key to go to repair computer or somthing like that which my dad was telling me to do but that didnt work out it just took me to the same screen were its asking me to insert the cd. And F2 seems to work but that just takes me to the BIOS.

But anywho I appreciate the help and I will reexplain every thing when I can Thanks.

Windows Vista
Intel Extreme Series- DX38BT
Radeon HD 4850

Thats all I really know whats in my other computer atm I know I asked the people here what I should put into my other computer and I gave the list to my dad and he got some of the parts from the list.

Hey thanks for the reply Mak213.

I have went to the website you suggested and since I can log on to vista I followed on to suggestion number 2 which was to put the vista cd into the computer and such and such. I followed step number two that didnt seem to work so I read along onto step number 3 and i started to have problems with it I typed in the commands and replaced the x's with the drive I use which is D and for some of the commands the system didnt recognize it, but for some of the other ones it seems like I have no problem with it. So I restart my computer like it said then another screen had came up asking me to select somthing by pressing tab then pressing enter and I saw the F8 key was available so I thought I might as well go to F8 and go to safe mode but some how I get into the Windows Vista thing asking me to install it and I sworn I took my CD out but I guess not.

So I go to retry step number 3 again and restarted and it didnt make it to the screen instead I make it to the screen I was telling you about earlier which I will tell you exactly whats on it on the next post.

I go on to Step 4 and Once again im having the same problems it wouldnt recognize some of the commands some times it would say access denied, and also I remember when I typed in bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd a list of options came up about: Fix Mbr Fixboot ScanOS and RebuildBcd so I type in both /fixboot and fixboot and it didnt recognize the command at all.

And I dont know if this is normal but when I go to repair computer it says System Recovery Options and somthing about Loading Drivers and clicking on a driver but no drivers are shown so I just skip that.

Do you have any other suggestion or might know what I might be doing wrong?? Also I will revise what is shown when I boot up my computer without any Cd's like I promised to.

This is what is shown when I start my computer:

1st: Black Screen with just _ on it

2nd: Marvell 88SE61 xx Adapter- BIOS Version 1.1.0.L.6.2.1

Adapter 1

Disk Info

Port Diskname Size Speed
2 Pata:Sony DVD RW DRU-190A UDMA-4

3rd:

Intel (R) Boot Agent GE v1.2.50
Copyright (C) 1997-2007, Intel Corp.

Intel (R) Boot Agent PXE Base Code (PXE- 2.1 build 086)
Copyright (C) 1997-2007, Intel Corp.

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

No bootable device- Insert boot disk and press any key

Thats pretty much it and Ive never had this problem before until this monday I hope this helps you.

It is not detecting your hard drive for boot. Check your BIOS. Make sure that hte hard drive is detected there and if so make sure that it is listed after the CD ROM in the boot order.

Ive done what you've asked I went to my BIOS went under the Boot tab and the Hardrive wasn't Detected. This was what was under the Boot tab:

Booty Menu Type: Normal
Boot Device Priority: CD/DVD- ROM Drive
Floppy Drive
Hard Disk Drive
Ethernet

Hard Drive Order: No Hard Disk Drive (in black not able to change it)
CD/DVD- ROM Drive Order: Sony DVD RW D
Removable Drive Order: No removable Drive (in black not able to change it)
Boot to Optical Devices: Enabled
Boot to Removable Devices: Enabled
Boot to Network: Enabled
USB Boot: Enabled
ZIP Emulation Type: Floppy
Boot USB Devices First: Disabled
USB Mass Storage Emulation Type: Auto
UEFI Boot: Disabled

I hope that helps you.

That is your problem then. The issue is it is trying to load the info for you system but it cant detect yoru hard drive and is getting caught up. It starts to load the CD/DVD info then gets froze up cause it is trying to load your ahrd drive information and gets stuck.

So check the connections for all your hardware. Make sure it is nice and tight. Make sure that your RAM is seated correctly and everything. then see what happens if the drive is detected or not.

It wont matter if you can get it to boot to a CD cause it wont have anyplace to install.

Ah im sorry on the late reply :D. But yeah thanks I appreciate it. Ive checked the wires everything was tight and in place, then I tried turning it off changing the wires that didnt work then my dad tried walking through everything over the phone that didnt work lol. So I give it to him to take a look at it and he found out my harddrive crashed so yeah were getting a new one soon. Thanks for the help appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom