Dell Laptop Inspiron Couple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinegtrv98

Baseband Member
Well I have an older dell laptop it is an Inspiron 8200 that I was trying to get up and running again for my niece....It has a 2ghz processor, and I just upgraded the ram to 1gb, and just did a fresh install of windows XP sp3...and it seems to be running much faster, but as soon as the fans kick on the computer starts going REALLY SLOW...the laptop is probably atleast 5-6 years old...anyone have any ideas what I can do to help make it better?? I opened it up and cleaned some of the dust out, but it didn't seem to help that much....Could it be that I need to change the thermal compound on the CPU?? could that be what is making it so slow when it heats up?

Ohh and it has been doing this really weird thing that everytime you press a key on the keyboard it makes a tone, and I can't seem to make it stop...it was doing this before I did the reinstall of windows, and I thought it would stop when I reloaded it with a fresh install but it is still there...I am kinda confused about it..

thanks in advance for any replies

Thanks for the reply...I tried blowing the dust out of the heat sink fins...didn't seem to help much...the fans still come on pretty quickly followed by a a marked decrease in performance....I did think it was a stuck key as well, so I took the keyboard out and after I put it back it it was working fine...I have some arctic silver 5 coming so I will just try putting some new thermal compound on the cpu..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom