PC freezing 5 min after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
I built my comp in my sig about 3 months ago, now it will randomly freeze starting last night. After the first freeze after being on all day fine, it now freezes after boot-up consistently in a short amount of time, ~5min or so. What could be the culprit on this? the picture is there, just everything is frozen and no keystrokes/mouse movement respond, have to do a hard re-boot.

other info is vista 64bit ultimate is installed.

Heating issue probably. Clean out the entire case w/ air and ensure all fans are working.

If heat isn't the issue look into something critical like a windows memory error or something. Check the log files.

Well, after it being off all day, i turned it on after work and it remained fine for 4 hrs. Then after leaving it idle it wouldnt come back from the screensaver. The cpu/gfx temps are fine. Ram is a little warm but nothing too bad i think. The northbridge (heatsink below the cpu fan) however is very hot to the touch, cant leave my finger on it. Whats normal for that temp? could that be the problem? The computer doesnt shut down or anything when this freezing occurs.

EDIT: everst trial version says motherboard is 47C

Is your system going into standby or hibernate at night? It could be that it is going into hubernate and that is what is causing the crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom